American College of Veterinary Surgeons
Principles of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The mission of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS) is to advance the art and science of surgery and promote excellence in animal health care through research, education, and service to the public.
ACVS is committed to and values diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and embraces the perspectives that DEI generates.
- ACVS decries all forms of bias, bigotry, and racism.
- ACVS firmly believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion make ACVS, the ACVS community, and the veterinary profession stronger, more effective, and more innovative.
- ACVS respects all Diplomates and members of the veterinary profession and is dedicated to supporting these individuals across racial, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious, ethnic, and other cultural boundaries.
- ACVS is committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for everyone and strengthening the diverse voices of the ACVS community to create constructive change.
- ACVS recognizes and acknowledges that every member of the ACVS community brings a unique viewpoint and their own personal experience as ACVS moves forward to advance its mission.
- ACVS encourages all members of the ACVS community to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in workplace interactions and through everyday practices.
ACVS Signs PrideVMC’s Gender Identity Bill of Rights
ACVS is pleased to share that the College is a signatory of PrideVMC’s Gender Identity Bill of Rights. The College encourages ACVS Diplomates, residents, leaders, and volunteers and other members of the veterinary profession to sign the bill of rights as individuals.