Supporting Innovative Educational and Research Opportunities!
The mission of the ACVS Foundation is to support the advancement of surgical care of all animals. As an independently-chartered nonprofit philanthropic organization, the ACVS Foundation is devoted to the advancement of surgical care of all animals through funding of educational and research opportunities for veterinary surgical residents and board certified veterinary surgeons.
Resources donated to the Foundation can be designated for a specific program(s) or to an endowment fund to support scientific and educational programs.
Through the generous support of ACVS Diplomates, general veterinary practitioners, animal owners and corporations, the ACVS Foundation:
- Awarded over $1.1 million in research grants over the last 20 years
- Offers over $90,000 in research grant funding annually
- Sponsors some of the latest continuing education presented by world-renowned surgical specialists
- Co-publishes the Advances in Veterinary Surgery book series with Wiley-Blackwell
- Bestows the prestigious Legends Award to recognize board certified veterinary surgeons who have developed a surgical or diagnostic procedure of significant
- Annually awards the Outstanding Surgical Residents and the Student Surgical Proficiency Awards
- Supports attendance of new board certified veterinary surgeons at the ACVS Surgery Summit
- Helps ease the suffering of practices’ clients through the Pet and Equine Memorial Programs
- Administers the Honor a Mentor Program as a means for surgical specialists and residents to publicly recognize those who have impacted their
Make a statement regarding your commitment to veterinary medicine. Make a gift to the ACVS Foundation!