February 1–February 2, 2016
Catamaran Resort Hotel
San Diego, CA
Sunday, January 31, 2016: Orientation Session
Monday, February 1, 2016: Morning: Practical Examination; Afternoon: Case-Based Examination
Tuesday, February 2, 2016: Full day: Written Examination
- November 20, 2015: Accommodations for Examinees with Disabilities Eligibility Questionnaire request form, with supporting documentation (if applicable). This form is required of all candidates.
- December 15, 2015: Examination contract and supporting materials.
Examination Fees: For 2016, the ACVS examination fee is $1,600 for first time examinees. The re-examination fee (any portion of the exam) is $1,250.
2016 Examination Information Pamphlet – The 2016 Examination Information Pamphlet is now available and can be downloaded. The Pamphlet provides additional information regarding examination rules and security, the examination schedule, a suggested reading list, and hotel accommodations. Anyone who has taken the ACVS Certification Examination in the past and those whose credentials are accepted this year (2015) will receive an email in mid-November 2015 regarding the availability of the 2016 examination materials. The email will be sent to the email address in the ACVS database. Potential candidates should be sure the ACVS office has a current valid email address.
NOTE: Individuals who are board certified by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2016 or later will be issued a time-limited certificate. Certificates will be good for five years. Diplomates with time-limited certificates will need to document continuous professional development through a variety of activities, such as attending or presenting at continuing education meetings, publishing manuscripts, serving on ACVS committees, and participating in resident training. The process for maintenance of certification will be posted on the ACVS website.
2016 ACVS Examination Packet. The 2016 ACVS Examination Packet documents are now available for download.
- 2016 ACVS Certification Examination Contract
- Accommodations for Examinees with Disabilities Eligibility Questionnaire
- Credit Card Payment Authorization Form
- Reply and Checklist
- Catamaran Resort Area Information
There are two deadlines for submitting the required documentation. The documentation must be received at the ACVS office on or before these deadlines. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made.
- November 20, 2015: The Accommodations for Examinees with Disabilities Eligibility Questionnaire request form, with supporting documentation (if applicable). This form is required of all candidates. Those requesting accommodations MUST return TOGETHER, this form and the required supporting documentation.
- December 15, 2015: The completed and notarized ACVS Certification Examination Contract, Reply and Checklist, digital photo (if applicable) and appropriate fee.
If you have questions regarding the 2016 examination, contact Lynne Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org.