Residents starting July 1, 2015, or later must be located at a Registered Residency Training Program.
ACVS Residency Training Standards and Requirements - All residents beginning programs between July 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015 must follow these requirements.
Send paperwork to the ACVS office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (301-916-2287) or mail (ACVS, 19785 Crystal Rock Drive Suite 305, Germantown, MD 20874). Use the links below to access fillable PDF files. These files are compatible with Adobe Reader 8.0 and later. All forms must be typed. Forms may be digitally signed. If forms are signed by hand, include date of signature.
- Program Director's Statement (05/01/2015) - must be sent to ACVS within 30 days of the start of the residency program; completed by Program Director.
- Registration of Resident Advisor (05/01/2015) - must be sent to ACVS within one calendar quarter of the start of the residency program or change in Resident Advisor for an existing resident; completed by Resident Advisor.
- Statement of Compliance (05/01/2015) - must be sent to ACVS within 30 days of the start of the resident program; completed by resident.
- External Surgical Rotation Form - must be included in Credentials Application packets at the end of the residency program; to be completed by the resident and signed by appropriate surgery supervisor and Resident Advisor. Required for all residents whose program started on or after July 1, 2011. All other residents are encouraged to submit this form as well. This form was updated June 2014 to include the primary surgeon column and allow for formatting of rows and columns to aid in printing.
- Change in Program Director - this form should be submitted when a change of Program Director occurs at a residency training program. The form should be sent in advance when a change in known, or within 15 days of an unanticipated change. Completed by outgoing and incoming Program Director.
Matriculation/Transfer Fee Payment:
Matriculation Fee: $385 per resident. The fee must be received at the ACVS office within 30 days of the resident’s program start date.
Transfer Fee: $50 (applies to residents switching program locations whose original programs started July 1, 2010 or later). The fee must be received at the ACVS office within 30 days of the resident's start date at the new program.
- pay matriculation or transfer fee online
- download payment authorization form and submit payment via fax or mail
Past Residency Program Guidelines
For information on residency guidelines from previous years, see the Past Residency Program Guidelines page.
Requesting Copies of Residency Documents
Missing documentation that you need to complete the Credentials Application? Request copies of forms filed with the ACVS office during your residency by submitting the Residency Documentation Order Form.