Animals deserve the very best care possible. Just as humans are treated by specialists for a variety of medical reasons, animals should be treated by veterinary specialists when advanced care is warranted. Surgery often warrants that care. ACVS Board-Certified Veterinary Surgeons can provide that care.
There are a variety of reasons to seek a veterinary surgeon:
- Expertise and specialized training
- Primary veterinarians focus on the day-to-day needs of your animal. Veterinary surgeons spend years training specifically in surgical procedures.
- Specialists are more likely to see complicated cases.
- Specialists can provide you with state-of-the-art options and help you determine the best treatment for your animal.
- Enhanced care. Surgeons are more likely to have access to
- Specialty equipment
- Other veterinary specialists (your surgical team may include board-certified radiologists, anesthesiologists, and internal medicine specialists)
- Technicians who understand the needs of animals undergoing surgery
- Postoperative monitoring of your pet
Photo by Ed Lefkowitz, courtesy of The Schwarzman Animal Medical Center, an ACVS Practice Partner.