Submission of new resident registration information, registration of resident advisors, and payment of matriculation fees are completed in CERT. Program directors were emailed details about the process on August 2, 2023. The process is described below. Residents must use the registration link that was provided to program directors.
ACVS is extending the timeline to complete the resident’s statement of compliance and program director’s statement and pay the matriculation fee. For residents who started training before August 2, 2023, these steps must be completed no later than September 1. If a resident begins training after August 2, 2023, the standard 30-day time limit applies to complete these three items.
The steps in the process are as follow:
- The program director provides the link and instructions to new residents. Program directors can access the link on the programs directors’ resources page.
- The resident uses the link to complete these two steps. Both steps must be taken before the other items are made available in the application:
- Create an account or log in with an existing ACVS account and
- Complete the Starting Your Residency form to associate themselves with a residency training program and complete prerequisite information (veterinary school, internship, and ECFVG certification, veterinary license, or other form of verification of legal qualification to practice veterinary medicine if required).
- The resident completes the statement of compliance in CERT. An email is sent to the program director.
- The program director completes the program director’s statement in CERT via the Manage Residents table. The resident receives an email when this step is complete.
- The resident or the program director can pay the matriculation fee.
- The resident training log will be unlocked once the steps above are completed.
- The program director assigns a resident advisor in CERT via the Manage Residents table.
- The resident advisor completes the registration in CERT via the Register button in the Resident Advisor Portal. The resident advisor must complete the registration within the first calendar quarter of the resident’s start date. The resident is notified by email when this step is complete.