Diplomates who achieved ACVS certification in 2018 must submit their MOC record in CERT to ACVS by November 1, 2023, 11:59 pm (ET).
- Diplomates must document a total of 100 activity points. A minimum of 70 activity points must be in the Diplomate’s respective specialty of certification (e.g., small animal surgery or large animal surgery).
- ACVS will audit at least 10% of MOC records submitted. The audit will commence after the November 1 submission deadline.
- If your MOC record is selected for audit, you will be notified and have the opportunity to respond to any questions the auditors have about the activities you have recorded.
- ACVS will mail updated certificates to all 2018 Diplomates who successfully meet ACVS maintenance of certification requirements in December 2023.
- 2018 Diplomates who fail to submit a MOC record by the November 1 deadline or fail to satisfy the required number of activity points will lose their certification at the time of certificate expiration. ACVS will notify Diplomates and provide instructions for reinstating their certification.
MOC records for Diplomates who achieved ACVS certification in 2019 or later are not due at this time.