Social Networking and ACVS
The ACVS Foundation is utilizing new avenues in social networking to increase visibility to the general public and to referring veterinarians.
- We are now utilizing a Facebook advertisement to promote the ACVS Facebook page to the general public.
- Since implementation of this advertisement new supporters of the ACVS page have increased over ten-fold!
- The ACVS Foundation has created an ad hoc Social Networking Committee to:
- Post information about ACVS Diplomates, news and fun facts for animal owners on Facebook and Twitter to help educate the general public about ACVS Diplomates and specialized surgical care.
- Implement other social networking tools to increase the visibility of the ACVS.
We encourage you to embed the link to the ACVS and the ACVS Facebook page on your practice’s website to help educate your potential clients on the importance of ACVS Diplomates in animal care.
ACVS link: http://www.acvs.org/animalowners
ACVS Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/American-College-of-Veterinary-Surgeons/102157398962
For specific instructions on setting up a Facebook account and finding the ACVS page, click here: http://www.acvs.org/members/facebook